Pressure reducing valve, help please

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RonL, Feb 7, 2021.

1. RonL

RonL Member

I Installed AN APPOLO pressure reducing valve model 69elf114twg. I have incoming well pressure from 40-60 psi. No matter how I turn the adjustment knob the gauge reads line pressure. And yes the gauge is on the side feeding the heat pump, just before the flow valve. Before I return this, am I missing an adjustment somehow ? Picture included. 20210207_143601.jpg

2. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I have never seen a valve like that. google produced pics, but no instructions.
    Eric

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  3. waterpirate

Soooo more questions. Specificlly
    1. why is your zone valve on the incoming line to the heatpump?
    2. was the zone valve open and flowing water when you tried to adjust the pressure setting on the zone valve.
    3. typically the zone valve is installed on the outgoing side of the heat pump, keeping the coax flooded when not in operation.
    Eric

4. RonL

RonL Member

That was the original setup 30 years ago, I just duplicated it when I replaced the unit. Simple single stage, on or off. Since the outflow goes vertical the coil should have water in it all the time.. and no pressure. I tried adjusting with the flow on and off, no difference. Just line pressure no matter what I did.
    I think I got a bad valve. Here is a pic of the box... and no instructions included there either. I will be calling them tomorrow !
    20210207_175504.jpg

5. waterpirate

I agree. Just your luck to get a faulty valve.
    Eric

6. RonL

RonL Member

Well, thanks for reading all my stuff and helping ! Really appreciate it.

7. SShaw

SShaw Active Member Forum Leader

Maybe a dumb question, but did you loosen the wing nut under the handle before trying to adjust the valve? Looks like that could limit the travel of the handle.

8. RonL

RonL Member

Yes , I had the wing nut loose and turned that knob every way it would go. I thought maybe it was slipping, but the whole shaft was turning.. I dont believe it was moving up or down though, as if it was stripped. Hard to tell for sure... but the pressure was certainly not changing.