Ontario Climatemaster Tranquility 27 RIP

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mrpac, Apr 19, 2023.

1. mrpac

mrpac Member

The dreaded day has come. A 13 year old system, failed due to a leaky coaxial heat exchanger. Funny how Climatemaster to this day states “up to 25 years of service”. Seems like this is common.

If there was a Climatemaster dealer in Ontario , or in Canada - I would love to talk to them about how I feel about repurchasing from them based on personal experience.

I am getting some quotes for a replacment, but am shocked by the prices coming in. Should be a packaged unit re/re and turn on.

I would love to go with Waterfurnace, but am worried that they have the same inherent issues as apparently Waterfurnace and Climatemaster are the same company. Can anyone verify this?

I am interested in thoughts about replacement from people on this forum.

Thanks, signed cold and soon to be broke

2. markgm

markgm New Member

This is an older post, but I have a slow refrigerant leak in my Tranquility 27 that is getting worse, so mine will likely join yours in the Tranquility graveyard. Based on the cost to try to repair it, I will most likely just replace it. I'd rather DIY it, so the challenge now will be finding a place that will sell me the unit. It'd be nice to upgrade to a varaible speed compressor.